Helena Dalamagas, Product Manager
Q&A with a Mentor from our Graduate Rotational Program.
Q1: What qualities make a grad stand out?
It is really about having that passion for learning, as well as being able to adapt quickly! No two days are the same! You really need to be able to take daily challenges and run with them.
Q2: As a mentor, how do you contribute to their journey?
My main goal as a mentor is to be transparent and open. I’m also there to answer any questions/concerns they might have along the way.
Q3: What values do you want to instill in them?
The key value that I hope to foster in the grads during this experience is humility. These new graduates are the best of the best and have been selected to work here for a reason. My hope is that they continue to want to learn and grow, and that they truly appreciate this amazing program we offer as a company!
Q4: What key lessons do you want to leave them with?
My entire career, I have thrived on being a hard worker and a team player, and embraced all challenges that were thrown at me! I believe this is so important for the growth of any employee and I truly hope the grads can take that away from the time we spend together.
Q5: What tips would you give to students to ensure that they make the best of the Graduate Rotational Program?
Q6: In your opinion, which elements create a successful relationship between a mentor and a mentee?
It’s all about being open and honest. Trust the mentors’ experience; passing on our knowledge is key to their success.
- Your mentor/person who inspires you: My mom is my biggest inspiration!
- Your favourite clothing item/accessory: My Top Shop wrap-around sandals!
- One place in Montreal where we would run into you: At my husband’s restaurant, Restaurant New Milano!!!
- Your style icon: I love Kendall Jenner’s style!
- Your favourite trend right now: Midi dresses
- Your dream destination: Saint-Tropez, France
- The word you use most often: “A smidge”
- In high school, you dreamt of becoming… A teacher!
- To take your mind off of things, you… Take a bath!
- Your guilty pleasure: I love watching Keeping up with the Kardashians!
Click here to learn more about our Graduate Rotational Program.
Click here to read our Q&A with Nathalia Liendo, a Graduate from our Spring 2016 Graduate Rotational Program.